In September of 2011, PI Worldwide participated in the 47th Annual ASHHRA Conference in Phoenix, Arizona. As Show Exhibitors for the second year, we had the opportunity to speak with decision-makers from some of the nation’s top healthcare organizations about their business challenges, and one thing became clear—Healthcare executives are looking to assessments to help meet their strategic goals and grow their talent management initiatives.
A recent survey co-sponsored by ASHHRA further underlines this trend with top health care CEOs revealing they are aggressively focused on cutting costs, improving employee satisfaction, boosting retention and enhancing training and development. But, how do you identify the right tool to help you achieve these goals? In terms of selecting the right personality assessment, here are the questions you should ask:
1. What is the assessment designed to measure and accomplish, and how will that benefit the organization?
2. Does the assessment come with an accompanying job analysis tool that allows for the thorough identification of a job’s requirements?
3. Is the assessment free of bias with respect to the respondent’s age, gender or ethnic group?
4. Is the assessment reliable? That is, are people’s scores on it consistent and repeatable over time?
5. Is the assessment valid? That is, does it effectively predict important workplace behaviors that drive metrics such as sales, customer satisfaction and turnover?
6. Is documentation supporting questions 3, 4 and 5 available in the form of a technical manual or equivalent document?
7. Is research on questions 3, 4 and 5 ongoing?
8. What are the key “implementation issues” such as cost, time it takes to complete the assessment, data security, scalability across the organization (note that some personality assessments are only appropriate to be used with specific jobs or at certain hierarchical levels), ongoing support from the vendor (especially the degree to which the vendor understands your business challenges), and degree of client self-sufficiency/knowledge transfer?
No matter what personality assessment tests you are considering implementing at your organization, be sure to carefully consider these questions. PI Midlantic would be happy to discuss how the Predictive Index meets all of the outlined expectations, and can exceed your expectations. Contact us today for a free demonstration of how the Predictive Index can improve your organization.